This blog is to help inspire people to live more of the life they want.
Happy people live happy lives.
I am a licensed therapist and want to share some things that have helped me and the people I have worked with over the years. I hope you enjoy.
Below is more about me if interested. My best, Stuart
Stuart Cline MA, LPCC, LPAT, LADAC, MAC ATR-BC
4308 Carlisle #210, Albuquerque NM 87107
Websites: Stuartcline.com – A blog to help inspire. ________________________________________________________________________________
Licenses and certifications
- LPCC – Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor- LC# T-0098691, – current
- LPAT – Licensed Practicing Art Therapist in New Mexico, License # 5523 – current
- LADAC – Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor in New Mexico , License # 0089221 – current
- MAC – Masters Addiction Counselor – National Certification commission for addiction Professionals. Current
- Certified Problem Gambling Counselor in the state of NM. #PC2052, current
BREAKING BAD – Emmy Award winner Aaron Paul who plays Jesse on the AMC show breaking Bad consulted with me to learn more about substance abuse treatment before his character had to go to rehab. AMC Emmy award winning cable show BREAKING BAD. 2009
National Committee Member
- National Art Therapy Committee Member for ATCB – 2007-2008, and 2013-2015 Two year positions.
- ATCB Job Analysis Committee. 2012
Published Books and Audio
Title: Counseling Problem Gamblers Tools and Resources– When Winning is Losing. Self-published on Amazon Kindle 2012. Wrote book to educate counselors on how to counsel problem gamblers
Title: The Soul’s Crossing – Novel – on Amazon.com kindle version. About counselor over coming burnout and being lead on an adventure to embrace his destiny.
Website and Audio: Mindaudio1.com – I created to offer free audio resources I made with scientifically studied isochronic beats to help balance the brain waves and help people to get into a more healing state of mind. My intention is to help people who have issues with: addiction, sleep, anxiety, depression, and chronic pain.
- NM Counseling – Private Practice – Adult, Adolescent, specialty –Substance Abuse, Addiction, Depression, Anxiety, Pathological Gambling. 3/01/07 – current
- Presbyterian IOP Behavioral Health Therapist LPCC- Facilitate 3 hour cognitive behavioral Intensive outpatient group therapy for substance abuse clients in the evenings. provide individual counseling facilitate art therapy groups, and family group therapy, supervise interns. Assess clients with substance abuse problems for treatment and suicidal ideation. Help with program development, charts and notes meet JACHO standards, schedule clients and do utilization reviews. Weekly treatment team meetings with psychiatrist and co-therapist’s trained in EMR – (Electronic Medical Records) 1-14-08 – Current
- Sandia Pueblo -Substance Abuse Counselor (Bernalillo, NM) – Only substance abuse counselor working with Native American population on Sandia Pueblo. Facilitated family, couple, group, and individual counseling, crisis debriefing, art therapy, sand tray, substance abuse education, therapy, social work duties as needed, and case management for all ages of Native Americans. Specializing in process and substance abuse/addictions including gambling addiction, dual diagnoses dealing primarily with depression and anxiety. Worked with Sandia Tribal courts in the Healing to Wellness Program (drug court). 8/25/03- 1/04/08
- Sandia Pueblo – Counselor/ Recreation Specialist. Located in the Education Department: Bernalillo, NM. Led individual art therapy with children and families. Managed and taught after school and summer programs. Responsible for 52 children aged 6-13. Helped manage, arrange and direct field trips as well as organized the Native American afterschool program. Supervised staff members during the summer program. I focused on leadership training as well as safety, communication, empowerment, working towards goals, and to have fun. I facilitated art therapy classes and ceramics with teenagers, adults and elderly. Spearheaded the development of the first Sandia community pottery/ceramic studio. 6/17/02 -8/24/03, 8/2/99-6/1/01
Certification of Completion of Training
- EMDR 3 day intensive Training: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – Linda Curran MA. Albuquerque, NM 1/11-1/13 2017
- Shame and Self-Loathing in the Treatment of Trauma, Speaker Janina Fisher, PH.D. Albuquerque, NM. 12/12/2016
- Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional Training – Eric Gentry PHD, Albuquerque 8/2016
- “Scared Stiff” Fast, effective Treatments for Anxiety Disorders. – David Burns PHD – May 22, 2014
- Motivational Interviewing: 2011 Project REMIT training, by Theresa Moyers Ph.D. and Paul Wilson Ph.D Albuquerque, NM 2011
- The Brain and Behavior 25 hours- Presented by Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior, NM 2010
- Five NP: Acu-Detox- Certificate of Completion for Auricular Acupuncture for the treatment of Addiction,
- Albuquerque, NM September 2007
- Hazelton training on Protecting You Protecting Me Implementation training 2006
- Problem and Compulsive Gambling – Counselor Training: The Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery at Proctor Hospital, 30 hour Training in Illinois – 2005
- S.A.S.S.I. Clinical interpretations training, to administer the S.A.S.S.I., Albuquerque NM 2005
- 32 hour MRT training – Moral ReconationTherapy, presented by Dr. Kenneth D. Robinson 2004
- Betty Ford Center Professional in Residence – in Palm Springs California Participated in a 5 day Professional In-Residence Training. Focus on Adult substance abuse program with 12 step focus. December 19th, 2003.
- Alcohol and Drug Studies Program – University of NM Continuing Education, NM, 2004-2005
- MA in Art Therapy, Southwestern (Graduate) College, Santa Fe, NM, October 1998. (Honors)
- BA in Fine Arts, specialty Art Education, Kean College, Union, NJ, May 1995, (advanced Standing)
- AA in Arts and Humanities, County College of Morris, Randolph, NJ, June 1993
Speaking and Teaching Engagements
- Cibola LDS Ward Albuquerque presented on Anxiety and Depression how to identify and treatment it. Was asked to present by Bishop Charles Noe. January 2017
- Professional Music Teachers of New Mexico Symposium. I presented on “Does Teaching/ Working Make You Happy.” Used a Positive Psychology approach. Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. November 11, 2016
- Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, signs and symptoms and how to prevent it. 1 CEU at Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital. Albuquerque New Mexico 2016
- Art Therapy, Creativity and counseling presentation 1 CEU at Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital. Albuquerque New Mexico 2016
- Intensive out patient program for substance abuse explained, presented with Dr. Steven Jenkusky 1 CEU at Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital. Albuquerque New Mexico 2015
- Twenty Second Uniting New Mexicans Against Adult Abuse Conference. I was asked by Presbyterian Hospital to talk on the topic of Domestic violence, verbal abuse in the home, addiction and The Drama Triangle and how to stop it. I also brought a client as a guest speaker who had recent personal experience in this topic. October 21-22, 2014
- Interviewed on two separate occasions by channel 7 and 13 and aired. Topic: Substance abuse of spice and bath salts. 2012
- Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital – Presented a 1 hour CEU in-service on treating problem gamblers to Doctors, Psychiatrists, counselors and social workers. 2011
- NM behavioral Therapy Association – Presented 3 hour talk and slide show on substance abuse and the family. 2011
- Toastmaster 2011 –Regularly gave public speeches
- Sandia Pueblo Child Abuse Fair: 20 min speech on Stress reduction and wholeness. 100 people. May 6th , 2007
- Presentation to Sandia Pueblo Tribal court on Drugs and the Brain. June 2007.
- Southwestern College graduate school in Santa Fe New Mexico. Guest speaker. February 3, 2004 and 2006
- Key Note Speaker Sandia Pueblo Health Fair –Topic: Health, Happiness and Humor. 125 people. December 3, 2005
- Organized and facilitated meeting with William R Miller creator of Motivational interviewing and Sandia members to discuss Motivational Interviewing, Community Re-enforcement technique and the substance abuse issues at the Pueblo of Sandia. Community members as well as council members attended. October 3, 2005
- Indian Community Health Representative Conference for representatives from New Mexico and Colorado. Presented 2 hour presentation on Stress management and communication, In San Diego CA. November 15-18, 2004
- University of New Mexico School of Psychiatry in Albuquerque NM, co-facilitated two meetings with post and graduate degree social work students for art therapy symposium. Asked to do so by Jean Lisiak, UNM Director of social work interns. Spring 2002